Would you like to know how you can train your brain without having to spend a lot of money on seminars and coaches? Following these tips will cost you absolutely nothing! Be creative and express yourself in different ways
The human brain consists of two parts – the left and the right hemisphere – dedicated to different ways of information processing : the creative part and the logic part.
The left brain is the logic center and used for problem solving, rationalizing, etc. while the right half is the creative center and used primarily for self-expression and associative thinking.
In today´s society people tend to overuse their logic faculties while mostly ignoring their creative abilities. That´s OK if you work in an environment that requires you to be rational and logical (i.e. if you´re a computer programmer or mathematician); however, in order to maintain a fit brain, you have to balance out your usage of both sides of the brain.
Stimulate Your Creative Center
The easiest way to train your creative faculties is by engaging in writing, music and other arts. Creative activities will not only train your brain but also make your life more colorful and joyful. Engaging in art is a great way to express your emotions and connect with others who share your passion.
If You Can See It, Yo Can Draw It
You could, for example, emerge yourself in learning how to sketch realistic human figures. Learning how to draw only requires paper and pencil and holds a whole world of possibilities for self-expression . All that effort trains the brain, and the brain responds by growing the number of neural connections and building new neural patterns.
Drawing is just one of the fun ways to express yourself. You don´t have to be perfect at it; this is an exercise in training your brain, after all. Consider investing in a big sketching pad that has the right size for you. Practice drawing in all kinds of moods – when you feel sad, angry, happy, or when it simply feels right. Use drawing as a way to express yourself. Your brain will find a way to find the right lines and shapes to match your feelings.
Train Your Brain With Music
Humans have been making music since the beginning of time. Moreover, music is being used for therapy around the world. Some people even believe that classical music can enhance an unborn child’s intelligence.
It is safe to say that music can have a deep impact on our emotional state. Let’s see how it can increase our brain power:
- Music can help you to relax, reduce stress and get your brain back into optimal functional condition. As you know, our brains don´t function well in states of anxiety, worry or anger
- Listening to relaxing music has a beneficial effect on patients suffering from dementia
- Listening to music and playing musical instruments can increase vital parts of the brain, like the ‘corpus callosum’, which is responsible for linking the two hemispheres of the brain
- Playing musical instruments increases the size of the motor cortex of the brain (precisely because playing musical instruments requires not only knowledge of music theory but also dexterity and manual skill during the manipulation of musical instruments)
- Playing music helps to improve spatial skills, intelligence and social skills.
Creativity and expansion are the essence of life itself. Hence engaging in creative activities will not only train your brain – it will also enhance your life experience as a whole and keep you away from stagnation, boredom and many other unwanted states of mind.
You will find this and many more tips to train your brain in the “Increasing Your Brain Power” eBook.
I have been exploring for a bit for any high quality articles or blog posts on this sort of topic . Searching on Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this website. I found exactly what I was looking for. Will make sure to do not overlook this site and give it a glance on a regular basis.Reply